This listing is for Stevie Wonder - The Woman In Red Original Soundtrack Vinyl LP Record Album 6108ML.
Label: Motown – 6108ML
Format: Vinyl, LP, Album, Gatefold
Genre: Funk / Soul, Stage & Screen
Style: Funk, Soul, Disco, Soundtrack
Condition: Jacket: Very Good Vinyl: Very Good
A1 –Stevie Wonder The Woman In Red 4:38
A2 –Dionne Warwick & Stevie Wonder It's You 4:56
A3 –No Artist It's More Than You (Instrumental) 3:15
A4 –Stevie Wonder I Just Called To Say I Love You 6:17
B1 –Stevie Wonder Love Light In Flight 6:54
B2 –Dionne Warwick Moments Aren't Moments 4:33
B3 –Dionne Warwick & Stevie Wonder Weakness 4:13
B4 –Stevie Wonder Don't Drive Drunk 6:33
The Woman in Red: Original Motion Picture Soundtrack is the second soundtrack album released by American musician Stevie Wonder on the Motown label. Also featuring Dionne Warwick, the album was released in 1984 for the film of the same name. It features Wonder's biggest hit, "I Just Called to Say I Love You", which hit #1 internationally and won the Academy Award for Best Original Song, and also features the follow-up hit, "Love Light in Flight" (a US top 20 hit) and "Don't Drive Drunk", the song and the accompanying music video for which were used in the Ad Council and the US Department of Transportation's Drunk Driving Prevention public service announcement the following year. The album reached number four on the US Billboard 200 chart, #1 on the R&B Albums chart (for four weeks) and #2 on the UK Albums Chart, where it was kept off the top spot by the albums Now That's What I Call Music 3 and David Bowie's Tonight. Wonder's albums Songs in the Key of Life and Hotter than July also reached #2 in the UK and to date he has failed to achieve a number one album there. However, the single "I Just Called to Say I Love You", taken from The Woman in Red, was a massive hit in the UK, reaching #1 and becoming the second best-selling single of 1984 (only behind Band Aid's "Do They Know It's Christmas?") and the third most successful single of the entire 1980s there.
I base the condition of each of my Records off of Ebay's Grading System.
• MINT (M) Looks new and unplayed. Very high vinyl luster and no noticeable label defects. Sounds new. With 45rpm records, this does not always mean there is no surface noise at all.
• NEAR MINT (NM) Looks almost new, but has some minor flaws such as a drill hole; unobtrusive writing on label (e.g., an X on a promo copy); minor scuffing on vinyl; minor color flaking on label, or other insignificant flaws that only slightly detract from visual appeal. May have some minor surface noise, but nothing distracting.
• VERY GOOD (VG) There may be light scuffing and some of the original vinyl luster may be lost. The vinyl and label may appear used, but well cared for. Records may have some more obvious flaws that are not visually degrading such as a sticker on the label; more noticeable writing on the label; scuffing and minor scratches on the vinyl; or minor discoloration of the label. There may be very minor warping of the vinyl. There may be a slight scratch not affecting play.
• GOOD (G) Record has visible signs of handling and playing, such as loss of vinyl luster, minor surface scratches, groove wear, and audible surface noise. Appears well used but not abused. May have a few major flaws, such as scratches, label tears, or stickers, and/or writing.
• FAIR (F) Appears well used and somewhat abused. Audio is not great due to surface noise and scratches. The record may have a stick or a skip. Records in this condition are those you might purchase to fill a hole in your collection until a better copy comes along.
• POOR (P) Well played with little luster and significant surface noise, but still not cracked or broken. Record likely skips and/or sticks. Typically so bad looking that a true “collector” would just toss it out. More useful as a Frisbee. I try not to sell records in this condition.
Thanks for checking out all of our various treasures! We have many similar items by similar artists, so make sure you search our store and combine purchases for additional discounts and savings on shipping! We also have a ton of stuff not listed yet, so if you're looking for a specific title or additional artist items, please inquire as we may have it sitting here someplace or can easily find it for you! Thanks again for the visit and good luck in your "Treasure" search!