This listing is for Neil Young - Comes A Time Vinyl LP Record Album MSK 2266.
Label: Reprise Records – MSK 2266
Format: Vinyl, LP, Album
Style: Southern Rock
Condition: Jacket: Good (some wear) Vinyl: Very Good
A1 –Neil Young Goin' Back 4:43
A2 –Neil Young Comes A Time 3:05
A3 –Neil Young With Crazy Horse Look Out For My Love 4:06
A4 –Neil Young With Crazy Horse Lotta Love 2:40
A5 –Neil Young Peace of Mind 4:06
B1 –Neil Young Human Highway 3:09
B2 –Neil Young Already One 4:53
B3 –Neil Young Field of Opportunity 3:08
B4 –Neil Young Motorcycle Mama 3:08
B5 –Neil Young Four Strong Winds 4:07
Comes a Time is the ninth studio album by Canadian singer-songwriter Neil Young, released in 1978. It is a return to the country/folk rock sound of Harvest. "Comes a Time" is also the title song and a single release from the album. The album originally started out as a solo record, but when Young played it for Reprise executives they asked him if he would consider adding rhythm tracks to what he already had. Young agreed, and the end product was Comes a Time. Two songs ("Look Out For My Love" and "Lotta Love") were backed by Crazy Horse.
"Human Highway" was written several years prior to the album's release, and originally presented to Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young in 1974 for a proposed studio album by the group which never came to be. Much of the album features harmony vocals from Nicolette Larson. She also shares lead vocals with Young on "Motorcycle Mama".
For years, it was rumoured that Young had purchased some 200,000 copies of the album because he was unhappy with the sound, owing to damage that occurred to the master tape during shipment to the mixing facility. The version of the album most widely available today was personally remixed by Young from the safety copy of the original master. In a March 2014 interview with Rolling Stone, Young revealed that he, in fact, used the 200,000 LPs as shingles for a barn roof.
I base the condition of each of my Records off of Ebay's Grading System.
• MINT (M) Looks new and unplayed. Very high vinyl luster and no noticeable label defects. Sounds new. With 45rpm records, this does not always mean there is no surface noise at all.
• NEAR MINT (NM) Looks almost new, but has some minor flaws such as a drill hole; unobtrusive writing on label (e.g., an X on a promo copy); minor scuffing on vinyl; minor color flaking on label, or other insignificant flaws that only slightly detract from visual appeal. May have some minor surface noise, but nothing distracting.
• VERY GOOD (VG) There may be light scuffing and some of the original vinyl luster may be lost. The vinyl and label may appear used, but well cared for. Records may have some more obvious flaws that are not visually degrading such as a sticker on the label; more noticeable writing on the label; scuffing and minor scratches on the vinyl; or minor discoloration of the label. There may be very minor warping of the vinyl. There may be a slight scratch not affecting play.
• GOOD (G) Record has visible signs of handling and playing, such as loss of vinyl luster, minor surface scratches, groove wear, and audible surface noise. Appears well used but not abused. May have a few major flaws, such as scratches, label tears, or stickers, and/or writing.
• FAIR (F) Appears well used and somewhat abused. Audio is not great due to surface noise and scratches. The record may have a stick or a skip. Records in this condition are those you might purchase to fill a hole in your collection until a better copy comes along.
• POOR (P) Well played with little luster and significant surface noise, but still not cracked or broken. Record likely skips and/or sticks. Typically so bad looking that a true “collector” would just toss it out. More useful as a Frisbee. I try not to sell records in this condition.
Please see our other listings as we have many related items and various other treasures you may be interested in!!! I do combine winning auctions for savings on shipping and try to keep shipping charges as close to accurate as possible. Thanks for visiting our listings and especially for bidding!!!