This listing is for Mannheim Steamroller - Fresh Aire Interludes Vinyl LP Record Album AG 373.
Label: American Gramaphone Records – AG-373
Format: Vinyl, LP, Album
Style: Modern Classical, Ambient
Condition: Jacket: Very Good (some edge wear) Vinyl: Very Good
A1 Interlude I 2:42
A2 Interlude II 2:33
A3 Interlude III 2:37
A4 Interlude IV 2:11
A5 Mist 1:48
B1 Velvet Tear 2:43
B2 Interlude V 3:52
B3 Interlude VI 3:22
B4 Amber 2:50
B5 Interlude VII 3:01
Fresh Aire Interludes is an album in new age musical group Mannheim Steamroller's Fresh Aire series. The album was originally released in 1981. The album is a compilation of piano interludes from the first four Fresh Aire albums. All of its tracks are played by pianist Jackson Berkey.
Mannheim Steamroller is an American rock band, founded by Chip Davis, that is known primarily for its series of Fresh Aire albums, which blend classical music and rock, and for its modern recordings of Christmas music. The group has sold 28 million albums in the U.S. alone.
Mannheim Steamroller began as an alias for record producer and composer Chip Davis. The name "Mannheim Steamroller" comes from an 18th-century German musical technique, Mannheim roller (German: Mannheimer Walze), a crescendo passage having a rising melodic line over an ostinato bass line, popularized by the Mannheim school of composition. Before the fame of Steamroller, Davis had been best known for collaborating with his friend Bill Fries on the songs of the country music character "C. W. McCall" (of "Convoy" fame). Even before the height of McCall's popularity, Davis produced an unusual album of classical music performed entirely by Davis and musical collaborator and keyboardist Jackson Berkey, using electric bass (played by Eric Hansen) and synthesizers.
Since no major label would handle its distribution, Davis founded his own music label, American Gramaphone (a play on the classical record label Deutsche Grammophon), to release the album. The result, Fresh Aire, was released in 1975 under the pseudonym Mannheim Steamroller. Fresh Aire II was subsequently released in 1977 and Fresh Aire III was released in 1979. The first four Fresh Aire albums constituted an exploration of the four seasons, with Fresh Aire being spring, Fresh Aire II being fall, Fresh Aire III being summer, and Fresh Aire IV being winter. All four of these albums maintained the blend of baroque classical music, light jazz, and rock, and featured Jackson Berkey's virtuosic keyboard work. Davis and Berkey would use whatever instrument seemed appropriate to the piece, using toy piano on one piece and full pipe organ on another, with copious interleaving of piano and harpsichord. In 1981 Davis released Fresh Aire Interludes, an album that compiled Berkey's 10 piano interludes from the first four Fresh Aire albums.
Davis then moved into exploring some other themes, with Fresh Aire V being subtitled "To the Moon," Fresh Aire VI exploring Greek mythology, Fresh Aire 7 being based on the number 7, and Fresh Aire 8 being based on the theme of infinity. A live tour of the early albums featured a prominent light show and multimedia components, along with spoken poetry by Almeda Berkey. While the music was slightly different from the album versions, the music was played in lockstep at each show, as it had to coordinate the live musicians with recorded tracks of strings and other orchestral parts.
In 1986, Mannheim Steamroller released music composed for a PBS special called Saving the Wildlife, which featured one track from Fresh Aire VI and twelve new tracks. In 1987, Davis collaborated with guitarist/composer Mason Williams for the album Classical Gas. The music was composed entirely by Williams but produced and arranged by Davis. The album opens with a remake of Williams' 1968 instrumental "Classical Gas", which used the original arrangement.
I base the condition of each of my Records off of Ebay's Grading System.
• MINT (M) Looks new and unplayed. Very high vinyl luster and no noticeable label defects. Sounds new. With 45rpm records, this does not always mean there is no surface noise at all.
• NEAR MINT (NM) Looks almost new, but has some minor flaws such as a drill hole; unobtrusive writing on label (e.g., an X on a promo copy); minor scuffing on vinyl; minor color flaking on label, or other insignificant flaws that only slightly detract from visual appeal. May have some minor surface noise, but nothing distracting.
• VERY GOOD (VG) There may be light scuffing and some of the original vinyl luster may be lost. The vinyl and label may appear used, but well cared for. Records may have some more obvious flaws that are not visually degrading such as a sticker on the label; more noticeable writing on the label; scuffing and minor scratches on the vinyl; or minor discoloration of the label. There may be very minor warping of the vinyl. There may be a slight scratch not affecting play.
• GOOD (G) Record has visible signs of handling and playing, such as loss of vinyl luster, minor surface scratches, groove wear, and audible surface noise. Appears well used but not abused. May have a few major flaws, such as scratches, label tears, or stickers, and/or writing.
• FAIR (F) Appears well used and somewhat abused. Audio is not great due to surface noise and scratches. The record may have a stick or a skip. Records in this condition are those you might purchase to fill a hole in your collection until a better copy comes along.
• POOR (P) Well played with little luster and significant surface noise, but still not cracked or broken. Record likely skips and/or sticks. Typically so bad looking that a true “collector” would just toss it out. More useful as a Frisbee. I try not to sell records in this condition.
Please see our other listings as we have many related items and various other treasures you may be interested in!!! I do combine winning auctions for savings on shipping and try to keep shipping charges as close to accurate as possible. Thanks for visiting our listings and especially for bidding!!!
PLEASE DISREGARD EBAY 'S DATABASE RESULTS ON BOOKS AS THEY ARE OFTEN INCORRECT EDITIONS OR VERSIONS. I PROVIDE THE DETAILS REGARDING EACH ITEM IN THE ITEM DESCRIPTION. PLEASE READ THIS INFORMATION THAT I PROVIDE BEFORE PURCHASING.
We try to describe the items details as accurately as possible. However, if you are completely unsatisfied, you may return the item for a refund (this would be the cost of your purchase, not for any shipping costs). You must notify us within 14 days of receiving the item, ship them back to us at your own cost, and it must arrive in the condition that we have sent it to you. Return Shipping costs are non-refundable. Upon receipt of the items received, we will promptly refund your money. If you do encounter a problem, please contact us to let us know, so that we can try to work things out first. Thanks! Once again, please be advised international buyers, custom forms will be filled out correctly and you are responsible for duties, taxes, and the such related to your purchase and shipment of your package. Delays thru customs are out of our control, and your package may take several weeks or longer in some cases, to arrive depending where its going to. Please be patient awaiting for your package to arrive, thanks! Also returns must be returned postmarked no later than 14 days after received.
I have included picture/pictures of this item and all pictures are of the item(s) you will be receiving (we dont use stock photos unless eBay inserts them in on us), but if for some reason you are unable to view it, please email me and I will be happy to email them to you. Please check out my other listings as I usually have related items listed and will combine shipping to save costs for you! Thanks for stopping by and purchase with confidence!
Grading/Condition Definitions: We are not experts by any means in anything we sell. Most of our stuff is used unless otherwise noted. That being said, grading or condition is a subjective matter. I try to be conservative in my description and grading/condition details so that you get better than you expect, but as the saying goes, "You can't please ALL the people ALL the time!" If you are super particular about condition either ASK A QUESTION BEFORE PURCHASE or move on to someone else (neither of us need the headaches). Bottomline, I try to insure that what's listed is something I would want in my collection and of good/fair quality, otherwise, I wont sell it. Ultimately, if you're not satisfied, see the return policy above!
PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CONTACT ME WITH ANY QUESTIONS!
for more great items!