This listing is for The London Philharmonic Orchestra - Gypsy Vinyl LP Record Album GA-9.
Label: Stereo Gold Award – GA-9
Format: Vinyl, LP
Condition: Jacket: Very Good Vinyl: Very Good
A1 Hungarian Dance #6
A2 Gypsy Concerto
A3 Hungarian Dance #5
A4 Slavonic Dance Op. 46, 8
B1 Hungarian Rhapsody #2
B2 Gypsy Wedding Czardas
The London Philharmonic Orchestra (LPO) is one of five permanent symphony orchestras based in London. It was founded by the conductors Sir Thomas Beecham and Malcolm Sargent in 1932 as a rival to the existing London Symphony and BBC Symphony Orchestras.
The founders' ambition was to build an orchestra the equal of any European or American rival. Between 1932 and the Second World War the LPO was widely judged to have succeeded in this regard. After the outbreak of war the orchestra's private backers withdrew and the players reconstituted the LPO as a self-governing cooperative. In the post-war years the orchestra faced challenges from two new rivals; the Philharmonia and the Royal Philharmonic, founded respectively in 1946 and 1947, achieved a quality of playing not matched by the older orchestras, including the LPO.
By the 1960s the LPO had regained its earlier standards, and in 1964 it secured a valuable engagement to play in the Glyndebourne Festival opera house during the summer months. In 1993 it was appointed resident orchestra of the Royal Festival Hall on the south bank of the Thames, one of London's major concert venues. Since 1995 the residency has been jointly held with the Philharmonia. In addition to its work at the Festival Hall and Glyndebourne, the LPO performs regularly at the Congress Theatre, Eastbourne and the Brighton Dome, and tours nationally and internationally.
Since Beecham, the orchestra has had ten principal conductors, including Sir Adrian Boult, Bernard Haitink, Sir Georg Solti, Klaus Tennstedt and Vladimir Jurowski. The orchestra has been active in recording studios since its earliest days, and has played on hundreds of sets made by EMI, Decca and other companies. Since 2005 the LPO has had its own record label, issuing live recordings of concerts. The orchestra has played on numerous film soundtracks, including Lawrence of Arabia (1962) and the Lord of the Rings trilogy (2001–03).
I base the condition of each of my Records off of Ebay's Grading System.
• MINT (M) Looks new and unplayed. Very high vinyl luster and no noticeable label defects. Sounds new. With 45rpm records, this does not always mean there is no surface noise at all.
• NEAR MINT (NM) Looks almost new, but has some minor flaws such as a drill hole; unobtrusive writing on label (e.g., an X on a promo copy); minor scuffing on vinyl; minor color flaking on label, or other insignificant flaws that only slightly detract from visual appeal. May have some minor surface noise, but nothing distracting.
• VERY GOOD (VG) There may be light scuffing and some of the original vinyl luster may be lost. The vinyl and label may appear used, but well cared for. Records may have some more obvious flaws that are not visually degrading such as a sticker on the label; more noticeable writing on the label; scuffing and minor scratches on the vinyl; or minor discoloration of the label. There may be very minor warping of the vinyl. There may be a slight scratch not affecting play.
• GOOD (G) Record has visible signs of handling and playing, such as loss of vinyl luster, minor surface scratches, groove wear, and audible surface noise. Appears well used but not abused. May have a few major flaws, such as scratches, label tears, or stickers, and/or writing.
• FAIR (F) Appears well used and somewhat abused. Audio is not great due to surface noise and scratches. The record may have a stick or a skip. Records in this condition are those you might purchase to fill a hole in your collection until a better copy comes along.
• POOR (P) Well played with little luster and significant surface noise, but still not cracked or broken. Record likely skips and/or sticks. Typically so bad looking that a true “collector” would just toss it out. More useful as a Frisbee. I try not to sell records in this condition.
Please see our other listings as we have many related items and various other treasures you may be interested in!!! I do combine winning auctions for savings on shipping and try to keep shipping charges as close to accurate as possible. Thanks for visiting our listings and especially for bidding!!!
PLEASE DISREGARD EBAY 'S DATABASE RESULTS ON BOOKS AS THEY ARE OFTEN INCORRECT EDITIONS OR VERSIONS. I PROVIDE THE DETAILS REGARDING EACH ITEM IN THE ITEM DESCRIPTION. PLEASE READ THIS INFORMATION THAT I PROVIDE BEFORE PURCHASING.
We try to describe the items details as accurately as possible. However, if you are completely unsatisfied, you may return the item for a refund (this would be the cost of your purchase, not for any shipping costs). You must notify us within 14 days of receiving the item, ship them back to us at your own cost, and it must arrive in the condition that we have sent it to you. Return Shipping costs are non-refundable. Upon receipt of the items received, we will promptly refund your money. If you do encounter a problem, please contact us to let us know, so that we can try to work things out first. Thanks! Once again, please be advised international buyers, custom forms will be filled out correctly and you are responsible for duties, taxes, and the such related to your purchase and shipment of your package. Delays thru customs are out of our control, and your package may take several weeks or longer in some cases, to arrive depending where its going to. Please be patient awaiting for your package to arrive, thanks! Also returns must be returned postmarked no later than 14 days after received.
I have included picture/pictures of this item and all pictures are of the item(s) you will be receiving (we dont use stock photos unless eBay inserts them in on us), but if for some reason you are unable to view it, please email me and I will be happy to email them to you. Please check out my other listings as I usually have related items listed and will combine shipping to save costs for you! Thanks for stopping by and purchase with confidence!
Grading/Condition Definitions: We are not experts by any means in anything we sell. Most of our stuff is used unless otherwise noted. That being said, grading or condition is a subjective matter. I try to be conservative in my description and grading/condition details so that you get better than you expect, but as the saying goes, "You can't please ALL the people ALL the time!" If you are super particular about condition either ASK A QUESTION BEFORE PURCHASE or move on to someone else (neither of us need the headaches). Bottomline, I try to insure that what's listed is something I would want in my collection and of good/fair quality, otherwise, I wont sell it. Ultimately, if you're not satisfied, see the return policy above!
PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CONTACT ME WITH ANY QUESTIONS!
for more great items!