This listing is for Joan Baez - Blessed Are... Vinyl LP Record Album VSD 6570/1.
Label: Vanguard – VSD-6570/1, Vanguard – SPV-6
Format: 2 × Vinyl, 12", Album, Stereo, Gatefold
Style: Folk Rock
Condition: Jacket: Fair Vinyl: Good
Blessed Are... was a 1971 album by Joan Baez, and her last with Vanguard Records. It included her hit cover of The Band's "The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down", and work by Kris Kristofferson, the Beatles, Jesse Winchester and The Rolling Stones, as well as a significant number of Baez' own compositions. Like its immediate predecessors, the album was recorded in Nashville, and had a decidedly country feel. The original vinyl version was released as a double album, which also included a bonus 7" 33 1/3 rpm record which included the songs "Maria Dolores" and Woody Guthrie's "Deportee", which she dedicated to the farmers of the world, adding, "May they soon cease to be victims." It would be Baez' final studio album for Vanguard, her label of the previous eleven years, as she was to sign with A&M in early 1972.
Joan Baez (born January 9, 1941 as Joan Chandos Baez) is an American folk singer, songwriter, musician, and activist whose contemporary folk music often includes songs of protest or social justice. Baez has performed publicly for over 55 years, releasing over 30 albums. Fluent in Spanish as well as in English, she has also recorded songs in at least six other languages. She is regarded as a folk singer, although her music has diversified since the counterculture days of the 1960s and now encompasses everything from folk rock and pop to country and gospel music. Although a songwriter herself, Baez generally interprets other composers' work, having recorded songs by the Allman Brothers Band, the Beatles, Jackson Browne, Leonard Cohen, Woody Guthrie, Violeta Parra, The Rolling Stones, Pete Seeger, Paul Simon, Stevie Wonder and many others. In recent years, she has found success interpreting songs of modern songwriters such as Ryan Adams, Josh Ritter, Steve Earle and Natalie Merchant. Her recordings include many topical songs and material dealing with social issues.
She began her recording career in 1960 and achieved immediate success. Her first three albums, Joan Baez, Joan Baez, Vol. 2, and Joan Baez in Concert all achieved gold record status and stayed on the charts of hit albums for two years.
Baez has had a popular hit song with "Diamonds & Rust" and hit covers of Phil Ochs's "There but for Fortune" and The Band's "The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down". Other songs associated with Baez include "Farewell, Angelina", "Love Is Just a Four-Letter Word", "Joe Hill", "Sweet Sir Galahad" and "We Shall Overcome". She was one of the first major artists to record the songs of Bob Dylan in the early 1960s; Baez was already an internationally-celebrated artist and did much to popularize his early songwriting efforts. Baez also performed three songs at the 1969 Woodstock Festival and has displayed a lifelong commitment to political and social activism in the fields of nonviolence, civil rights, human rights and the environment.
I base the condition of each of my Records off of Ebay's Grading System.
• MINT (M) Looks new and unplayed. Very high vinyl luster and no noticeable label defects. Sounds new. With 45rpm records, this does not always mean there is no surface noise at all.
• NEAR MINT (NM) Looks almost new, but has some minor flaws such as a drill hole; unobtrusive writing on label (e.g., an X on a promo copy); minor scuffing on vinyl; minor color flaking on label, or other insignificant flaws that only slightly detract from visual appeal. May have some minor surface noise, but nothing distracting.
• VERY GOOD (VG) There may be light scuffing and some of the original vinyl luster may be lost. The vinyl and label may appear used, but well cared for. Records may have some more obvious flaws that are not visually degrading such as a sticker on the label; more noticeable writing on the label; scuffing and minor scratches on the vinyl; or minor discoloration of the label. There may be very minor warping of the vinyl. There may be a slight scratch not affecting play.
• GOOD (G) Record has visible signs of handling and playing, such as loss of vinyl luster, minor surface scratches, groove wear, and audible surface noise. Appears well used but not abused. May have a few major flaws, such as scratches, label tears, or stickers, and/or writing.
• FAIR (F) Appears well used and somewhat abused. Audio is not great due to surface noise and scratches. The record may have a stick or a skip. Records in this condition are those you might purchase to fill a hole in your collection until a better copy comes along.
• POOR (P) Well played with little luster and significant surface noise, but still not cracked or broken. Record likely skips and/or sticks. Typically so bad looking that a true “collector” would just toss it out. More useful as a Frisbee. I try not to sell records in this condition.
Please see our other listings as we have many related items and various other treasures you may be interested in!!! I do combine winning auctions for savings on shipping and try to keep shipping charges as close to accurate as possible. Thanks for visiting our listings and especially for bidding!!!
PLEASE DISREGARD EBAY 'S DATABASE RESULTS ON BOOKS AS THEY ARE OFTEN INCORRECT EDITIONS OR VERSIONS. I PROVIDE THE DETAILS REGARDING EACH ITEM IN THE ITEM DESCRIPTION. PLEASE READ THIS INFORMATION THAT I PROVIDE BEFORE PURCHASING.
We try to describe the items details as accurately as possible. However, if you are completely unsatisfied, you may return the item for a refund (this would be the cost of your purchase, not for any shipping costs). You must notify us within 14 days of receiving the item, ship them back to us at your own cost, and it must arrive in the condition that we have sent it to you. Return Shipping costs are non-refundable. Upon receipt of the items received, we will promptly refund your money. If you do encounter a problem, please contact us to let us know, so that we can try to work things out first. Thanks! Once again, please be advised international buyers, custom forms will be filled out correctly and you are responsible for duties, taxes, and the such related to your purchase and shipment of your package. Delays thru customs are out of our control, and your package may take several weeks or longer in some cases, to arrive depending where its going to. Please be patient awaiting for your package to arrive, thanks! Also returns must be returned postmarked no later than 14 days after received.
I have included picture/pictures of this item and all pictures are of the item(s) you will be receiving (we dont use stock photos unless eBay inserts them in on us), but if for some reason you are unable to view it, please email me and I will be happy to email them to you. Please check out my other listings as I usually have related items listed and will combine shipping to save costs for you! Thanks for stopping by and purchase with confidence!
Grading/Condition Definitions: We are not experts by any means in anything we sell. Most of our stuff is used unless otherwise noted. That being said, grading or condition is a subjective matter. I try to be conservative in my description and grading/condition details so that you get better than you expect, but as the saying goes, "You can't please ALL the people ALL the time!" If you are super particular about condition either ASK A QUESTION BEFORE PURCHASE or move on to someone else (neither of us need the headaches). Bottomline, I try to insure that what's listed is something I would want in my collection and of good/fair quality, otherwise, I wont sell it. Ultimately, if you're not satisfied, see the return policy above!
PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CONTACT ME WITH ANY QUESTIONS!
for more great items!