Glen Campbell - By The Time I Get To Phoenix LP Album Vinyl Record ST-2851
This listing is for Glen Campbell - By The Time I Get To Phoenix LP Album Vinyl Record ST-2851.
Label: Capitol Records – ST 2851, Capitol Records – ST-2851
Format: Vinyl, LP, Album
Genre: Folk, World, & Country
Condition: Jacket: Very Good Vinyl: Very Good
A1 By The Time I Get To Phoenix 2:43
A2 Homeward Bound 2:42
A3 Tomorrow Never Comes 2:25
A4 Cold December (In Your Heart) 2:33
A5 My Baby's Gone 2:55
A6 Back In The Race 2:02
B1 Hey Little One 2:32
B2 Bad Seed 2:24
B3 I'll Be Lucky Someday 2:27
B4 You're Young And You'll Forget 2:22
B5 Love Is A Lonesome River 2:09
By the Time I Get to Phoenix is the seventh album by American singer-guitarist Glen Campbell, released in 1967 by Capitol Records. "By the Time I Get to Phoenix" is a song written by Jimmy Webb. Originally recorded by Johnny Rivers in 1965, it was made famous by American country music singer Glen Campbell, appearing as the opening track on the latter's 1967 album of the same name. Campbell's version reached No. 2 on the U.S. Country charts in 1968 and won two Grammy Awards—for Best Vocal Performance, Male; and Best Contemporary Male Solo Vocal Performance. Broadcast Music, Inc. (BMI) named it the third most performed song from 1940 to 1990. Frank Sinatra called it "the greatest torch song ever written."
Glen Travis Campbell (born April 22, 1936) is an American country music singer, guitarist, television host and occasional actor. He is best known for a series of hits in the 1960s and 1970s, as well as for hosting a variety show called The Glen Campbell Goodtime Hour on CBS television.
During his 50 years in show business, Campbell has released more than 70 albums. He has sold 45 million records and accumulated 12 RIAA Gold albums, 4 Platinum albums and 1 Double-Platinum album. Campbell's hits include John Hartford's "Gentle on My Mind", Jimmy Webb's "By the Time I Get to Phoenix", "Wichita Lineman" and "Galveston", Larry Weiss's "Rhinestone Cowboy" and Allen Toussaint's "Southern Nights".
Campbell made history by winning four Grammys in both country and pop categories in 1967. For "Gentle on My Mind" he received two awards in country & western, "By the Time I Get to Phoenix" did the same in pop. He owns trophies for Male Vocalist of the Year from both the Country Music Association (CMA) and the Academy of Country Music (ACM), and took the CMA's top award as 1968 Entertainer of the Year. In 1969 Campbell was picked by actor John Wayne to play alongside him in the film True Grit, which gave Campbell a Golden Globe nomination for Most Promising Newcomer. Campbell sang the title song which was nominated for an Academy Award.
In 2005, Campbell was inducted into the Country Music Hall of Fame.
I base the condition of each of my Records off of Ebay's Grading System.
• MINT (M) Looks new and unplayed. Very high vinyl luster and no noticeable label defects. Sounds new. With 45rpm records, this does not always mean there is no surface noise at all.
• NEAR MINT (NM) Looks almost new, but has some minor flaws such as a drill hole; unobtrusive writing on label (e.g., an X on a promo copy); minor scuffing on vinyl; minor color flaking on label, or other insignificant flaws that only slightly detract from visual appeal. May have some minor surface noise, but nothing distracting.
• VERY GOOD (VG) There may be light scuffing and some of the original vinyl luster may be lost. The vinyl and label may appear used, but well cared for. Records may have some more obvious flaws that are not visually degrading such as a sticker on the label; more noticeable writing on the label; scuffing and minor scratches on the vinyl; or minor discoloration of the label. There may be very minor warping of the vinyl. There may be a slight scratch not affecting play.
• GOOD (G) Record has visible signs of handling and playing, such as loss of vinyl luster, minor surface scratches, groove wear, and audible surface noise. Appears well used but not abused. May have a few major flaws, such as scratches, label tears, or stickers, and/or writing.
• FAIR (F) Appears well used and somewhat abused. Audio is not great due to surface noise and scratches. The record may have a stick or a skip. Records in this condition are those you might purchase to fill a hole in your collection until a better copy comes along.
• POOR (P) Well played with little luster and significant surface noise, but still not cracked or broken. Record likely skips and/or sticks. Typically so bad looking that a true “collector” would just toss it out. More useful as a Frisbee. I try not to sell records in this condition.
Please see our other listings as we have many related items and various other treasures you may be interested in!!! I do combine winning auctions for savings on shipping and try to keep shipping charges as close to accurate as possible. Thanks for visiting our listings and especially for bidding!!!
PLEASE DISREGARD EBAY 'S DATABASE RESULTS ON BOOKS AS THEY ARE OFTEN INCORRECT EDITIONS OR VERSIONS. I PROVIDE THE DETAILS REGARDING EACH ITEM IN THE ITEM DESCRIPTION. PLEASE READ THIS INFORMATION THAT I PROVIDE BEFORE PURCHASING.
We try to describe the items details as accurately as possible. However, if you are completely unsatisfied, you may return the item for a refund (this would be the cost of your purchase, not for any shipping costs). You must notify us within 14 days of receiving the item, ship them back to us at your own cost, and it must arrive in the condition that we have sent it to you. Return Shipping costs are non-refundable. Upon receipt of the items received, we will promptly refund your money. If you do encounter a problem, please contact us to let us know, so that we can try to work things out first. Thanks! Once again, please be advised international buyers, custom forms will be filled out correctly and you are responsible for duties, taxes, and the such related to your purchase and shipment of your package. Delays thru customs are out of our control, and your package may take several weeks or longer in some cases, to arrive depending where its going to. Please be patient awaiting for your package to arrive, thanks! Also returns must be returned postmarked no later than 14 days after received.
I have included picture/pictures of this item and all pictures are of the item(s) you will be receiving, but if for some reason you are unable to view it, please email me and I will be happy to email them to you. Please check out my other listings as I usually have related items listed and will combine shipping to save costs for you! Thanks for stopping by and purchase with confidence!
PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CONTACT ME WITH ANY QUESTIONS!
for more great items!
PAYPAL is accepted. Payment is expected within 5 days of closed auction. PLEASE MAKE SURE YOUR PAYPAL ADDRESS IS CORRECT, that you are not using 2 different last names, or two different addresses. Please make sure your Ebay and Paypal addresses match. We do offer combined shipping for multiple lots, so IF YOU ARE PURCHASING MORE THAN ONE ITEM, PLEASE LET US KNOW ...and wait for us to send you an invoice with a combined total and a combined shipping total. DO NOT SEND 2 PAYMENTS...Paypal charges us a transaction fee on each payment you send, so only 1 payment for the combined items will be accepted. You are responsible for sending the correct amount, so pay close attention that you are sending the correct amount. Overpayments will not be refunded...it takes too long to recalculate, refund payments and start from square one.
Buyer to pay shipping. I offer combined shipping. By default, I ship to the confirmed PAYPAL address (if thats how you pay) unless otherwise instructed. Actual shipping may vary from what item states, but we try to keep it as close as possible. It could be less or more, based on weight of item and distance it's gotta travel! I try my best to keep your shipping costs very reasonable! Combine multiple items for savings on shipping costs! PLEASE DO NOT SEND PAYMENT UNTIL YOUR TOTAL IS GIVEN FOR MULTI-ITEM PURCHASES.
For international buyers, if I have not included a shipping charge in my item, please feel free to email us for an international shipping quote by using the Ask Seller Question feature. INTERNATIONAL BUYERS SHOULD WAIT FOR AN INVOICE AS SHIPPING CHARGES VARY PER COUNTRY AND SHIPPING MAY BE LESS THAN ACTUALLY LISTED ON EBAY!!! International buyers, please understand that all customs forms will be filled out properly. Please also be advised that your package may be delayed thru customs and it is common for packages to take several weeks to arrive. Just because you received a package from a different ebay seller in no time flat, ours may not arrive as quickly....and this is not in our control. You are responsible for all fees associated with delivery and purchase of your item such as taxes and the such.