This listing is for Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young - So Far Vinyl LP Record Album SD 19119.
Label: Atlantic – SD 19119
Format: Vinyl, LP, Compilation
Style: Folk Rock
Condition: Jacket: Good (wear/writing) Vinyl: Very Good
A1 Déjà Vu 4:10
A2 Helplessly Hoping 2:38
A3 Wooden Ships 5:26
A4 Teach Your Children 2:53
A5 Ohio 3:00
A6 Find The Cost Of Freedom 1:55
B1 Woodstock 3:52
B2 Our House 2:58
B3 Helpless 3:34
B4 Guinnevere 4:38
B5 Suite: Judy Blue Eyes 7:24
So Far is the fourth album by Crosby, Stills & Nash, their third as Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young, and the first compilation album released by the group. Shipping as a gold record and peaking at #1 on the Billboard Top Pop Albums chart, it was the band's third chart-topping album in a row. It has been certified six times platinum by the RIAA. The album contains five of the band's six singles to date, omitting "Marrakesh Express", all of which had reached the Top 40. It is the first release on album of the single "Ohio" as well as its B-side "Find the Cost of Freedom", and the only place both can be found on one compact disc. The other five tracks were taken from the band's two studio albums, Crosby, Stills & Nash and Déjà Vu, although the other singles appear here in their album-length versions and mixes.
Capitalizing on the highly publicized and anticipated reunion tour of CSNY in 1974, the album's eleven studio tracks derived from a group that had only issued twenty-two to date. Such was the demand for any sign of activity from the quartet that So Far topped the charts anyway. Graham Nash later insisted that the group was against the album's release, calling the concoction of a greatest-hits album from two LPs and one non-LP single "absurd".
Young appears on four of the album's 11 songs. The remaining songs, with the exception of "Déjà Vu", also appear on Crosby, Stills & Nash's Greatest Hits. The cover art was painted by the group's friend and colleague Joni Mitchell, who also wrote "Woodstock". The album was reissued on compact disc some time in the 1980s, and again on September 20, 1994, after being remastered by Joe Gastwirt at Ocean View Digital using the original master tapes.
I base the condition of each of my Records off of Ebay's Grading System.
• MINT (M) Looks new and unplayed. Very high vinyl luster and no noticeable label defects. Sounds new. With 45rpm records, this does not always mean there is no surface noise at all.
• NEAR MINT (NM) Looks almost new, but has some minor flaws such as a drill hole; unobtrusive writing on label (e.g., an X on a promo copy); minor scuffing on vinyl; minor color flaking on label, or other insignificant flaws that only slightly detract from visual appeal. May have some minor surface noise, but nothing distracting.
• VERY GOOD (VG) There may be light scuffing and some of the original vinyl luster may be lost. The vinyl and label may appear used, but well cared for. Records may have some more obvious flaws that are not visually degrading such as a sticker on the label; more noticeable writing on the label; scuffing and minor scratches on the vinyl; or minor discoloration of the label. There may be very minor warping of the vinyl. There may be a slight scratch not affecting play.
• GOOD (G) Record has visible signs of handling and playing, such as loss of vinyl luster, minor surface scratches, groove wear, and audible surface noise. Appears well used but not abused. May have a few major flaws, such as scratches, label tears, or stickers, and/or writing.
• FAIR (F) Appears well used and somewhat abused. Audio is not great due to surface noise and scratches. The record may have a stick or a skip. Records in this condition are those you might purchase to fill a hole in your collection until a better copy comes along.
• POOR (P) Well played with little luster and significant surface noise, but still not cracked or broken. Record likely skips and/or sticks. Typically so bad looking that a true “collector” would just toss it out. More useful as a Frisbee. I try not to sell records in this condition.
Please see our other listings as we have many related items and various other treasures you may be interested in!!! I do combine winning auctions for savings on shipping and try to keep shipping charges as close to accurate as possible. Thanks for visiting our listings and especially for bidding!!!