This listing is for 50 Guitars Of Tommy Garrett, The - Go South Of The Border LP Vinyl Album Record LSS-14005.
Label: Liberty – LSS-14005
Format: Vinyl, LP, Album, Premier Series, Gatefold Sleeve
Style: Space-Age, Latin Jazz
Condition: Jacket: Very Good Vinyl: Very Good
A1 Guadalajara 2:02
A2 Come Closer To Me 2:19
A3 Frenesi 2:29
A4 Be Mine Tonight 2:34
A5 Adios 1:58
A6 La Virgen De La Macarena 2:25
B1 Besame Mucho 2:54
B2 You Belong To My Heart 1:52
B3 La Bamba 1:58
B4 Perfidia 2:48
B5 South Of The Border 2:59
B6 Granada 4:25
Mfd. by Liberty Records, Inc., Hollywood, CA.
Guitars courtesy of Gibson, Inc. Kalamazoo, Michigan.
Custom die-cut gatefold sleeve.
Tracks A1, A2, A3, A4, A5, A6, B1, B2, B4: Peer Int'l - BMI; Track B3: Simon-Jackson - BMI; Track B5: Shapiro, Bernstein / Peter Maurice Music - ASCAP; Track B6: Southern Music - ASCAP
Laurindo Almeida appears by courtesy of Capitol Records Inc.
Barney Kessel appears by courtesy of Contemporary Records.
Notes from inside sleeve:
All major music producing studios in Hollywood, with one exception, were strangely dark and silent on three evenings last February. Guitars and guitarists, an essential part of any modern recording session, were not available for regular duty. Instead, every guitar virtuoso in the film city had been booked to record en masse in three night-long sessions at Liberty Records.
During those sessions, in a huge studio alive with the sounds of music, Liberty added a chapter to the history of the guitar. That chapter, entitled 50 Guitars Go South Of The Border, recorded the combined efforts of many of the world's most renowned guitar soloists. Playing together for the first time, they produced a new string dimension-the sound of the guitar in depth.
With a guitar perfectionist in each chair, the guts, steels, guitarrones, Mexican harp guitars and rhythm guitars demonstrate that the richest heritage for modern is found in musical history.
The solos of Laurindo Almeida are backed by the elite choir of Mexican and jazz guitarists, including Barney Kessel, Howard Roberts, Al Viola, Bob Bain, Tiny Timbrell, Bill Pitman, Jose Barroso and many others whose exclusive contracts do not allow their names to be included here.
The result is awesome. A bullring overflowing with the world's most outstanding mariachis, flamencoists and classicists could do no more to astound and enrapture a critical listener. The music of these guitars in concert will fill the ears of the aficionado with sounds he had not imagined possible-sounds he had not hoped to hear. Liberty takes pride in presenting Tommy Garrett's fifty guitars.
The Liberty Premier Series ... Specifically designed to please the most exacting requirements of the discriminating music lover as well as the audiophile, each album in this series must meet the highest standards of musical and technical excellence. The most creative innovations in recording techniques, such as the use of a phantom recording channel, have been employed to totally eliminate any distortion of sound, even at the extreme ends of the audible sound spectrum.
I base the condition of each of my Records off of Ebay's Grading System.
• MINT (M) Looks new and unplayed. Very high vinyl luster and no noticeable label defects. Sounds new. With 45rpm records, this does not always mean there is no surface noise at all.
• NEAR MINT (NM) Looks almost new, but has some minor flaws such as a drill hole; unobtrusive writing on label (e.g., an X on a promo copy); minor scuffing on vinyl; minor color flaking on label, or other insignificant flaws that only slightly detract from visual appeal. May have some minor surface noise, but nothing distracting.
• VERY GOOD (VG) There may be light scuffing and some of the original vinyl luster may be lost. The vinyl and label may appear used, but well cared for. Records may have some more obvious flaws that are not visually degrading such as a sticker on the label; more noticeable writing on the label; scuffing and minor scratches on the vinyl; or minor discoloration of the label. There may be very minor warping of the vinyl. There may be a slight scratch not affecting play.
• GOOD (G) Record has visible signs of handling and playing, such as loss of vinyl luster, minor surface scratches, groove wear, and audible surface noise. Appears well used but not abused. May have a few major flaws, such as scratches, label tears, or stickers, and/or writing.
• FAIR (F) Appears well used and somewhat abused. Audio is not great due to surface noise and scratches. The record may have a stick or a skip. Records in this condition are those you might purchase to fill a hole in your collection until a better copy comes along.
• POOR (P) Well played with little luster and significant surface noise, but still not cracked or broken. Record likely skips and/or sticks. Typically so bad looking that a true “collector” would just toss it out. More useful as a Frisbee. I try not to sell records in this condition.
Please see our other listings as we have many related items and various other treasures you may be interested in!!! I do combine winning auctions for savings on shipping and try to keep shipping charges as close to accurate as possible. Thanks for visiting our listings and especially for bidding!!!
PLEASE DISREGARD EBAY 'S DATABASE RESULTS ON BOOKS AS THEY ARE OFTEN INCORRECT EDITIONS OR VERSIONS. I PROVIDE THE DETAILS REGARDING EACH ITEM IN THE ITEM DESCRIPTION. PLEASE READ THIS INFORMATION THAT I PROVIDE BEFORE PURCHASING.
We try to describe the items details as accurately as possible. However, if you are completely unsatisfied, you may return the item for a refund (this would be the cost of your purchase, not for any shipping costs). You must notify us within 14 days of receiving the item, ship them back to us at your own cost, and it must arrive in the condition that we have sent it to you. Return Shipping costs are non-refundable. Upon receipt of the items received, we will promptly refund your money. If you do encounter a problem, please contact us to let us know, so that we can try to work things out first. Thanks! Once again, please be advised international buyers, custom forms will be filled out correctly and you are responsible for duties, taxes, and the such related to your purchase and shipment of your package. Delays thru customs are out of our control, and your package may take several weeks or longer in some cases, to arrive depending where its going to. Please be patient awaiting for your package to arrive, thanks! Also returns must be returned postmarked no later than 14 days after received.
I have included picture/pictures of this item and all pictures are of the item(s) you will be receiving (we dont use stock photos unless eBay inserts them in on us), but if for some reason you are unable to view it, please email me and I will be happy to email them to you. Please check out my other listings as I usually have related items listed and will combine shipping to save costs for you! Thanks for stopping by and purchase with confidence!
Grading/Condition Definitions: We are not experts by any means in anything we sell. Most of our stuff is used unless otherwise noted. That being said, grading or condition is a subjective matter. I try to be conservative in my description and grading/condition details so that you get better than you expect, but as the saying goes, "You can't please ALL the people ALL the time!" If you are super particular about condition either ASK A QUESTION BEFORE PURCHASE or move on to someone else (neither of us need the headaches). Bottomline, I try to insure that what's listed is something I would want in my collection and of good/fair quality, otherwise, I wont sell it. Ultimately, if you're not satisfied, see the return policy above!
PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CONTACT ME WITH ANY QUESTIONS!
for more great items!