Listing & Prohibited Items Policy
This policy is designed to help you properly list items on iOffer.
Proper category listing: Items must be listed in the appropriate category.
Profanity and offensive speech: iOffer prohibits profanity or offensive speech on its site. This includes the use of language that is racist, hateful, sexual or obscene in nature. This policy extends to text within item listings, transactions (questions/offers), personal profiles, Want Ads or anywhere else on the iOffer site. Listings that contain profanity or otherwise offensive speech will be removed.
Personal information: For your protection we discourage the posting of personal information on the iOffer site. Personal information includes email addresses, phone numbers, mailing addresses, instant messaging ids, or other identifying information
Prohibited items: Unless otherwise noted, the following items are prohibited from being offered, sold or otherwise posted on the iOffer site:
- Alcohol: Products intended for consumption, with the following exceptions: (i) Beer/Wine making kits, (ii) certain foods with alcoholic ingredients, (iii) hops or hops seeds as long as the item complies with our guidelines concerning plants and seeds policy (below), and (iv) alcohol-related collectibles, including empty alcohol bottles or unopened containers of alcohol clearly indicating that the product is unavailable in the retail market and not intended for consumption.
- Animals and wildlife products: Including live animals and ivory or pelts from endangered species. See, e.g., U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service (USFWS).
- Catalogs: Unless listed for sale in Wholesale Lists, Catalogs, Product Information category.
- Contracts and tickets: Any non-transferable contracts or tickets, including airline tickets, coupons, or gift cards.
- Counterfeit currency and stamps
- Counterfeit Receipts: Including receipt templates used for creating counterfeit invoices and receipts.
- Credit cards
- Illicit drugs: Narcotics, steroids, and other controlled substances, including any substance listed in Schedules I, II, III, IV or V of the Uniform Controlled Substances Act, 21 U.S.C. 801 et seq.
- Embargoed goods and goods from Prohibited Countries: Items affected by embargo regulations or sanctions enforced by the Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC).
- Firearms: As defined from time to time by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF).
- Food: Other than packaged food meeting all applicable federal, state and local guidelines.
- Government issued IDs and licenses: Including citizenship documents, birth certificates, driver’s licenses or state-issued identification cards.
- Hazardous materials: Any explosive, radioactive material, infectious substance, flammable or combustible liquid, solid, or gas, toxic, oxidizing, or corrosive material, and compressed gas (including fireworks and ‘wet’ batteries) designated as hazardous under section 5103 of the Federal hazardous materials transportation law (49 U.S.C. 5103).
- Human parts and remains: Blood, bodily fluids or body parts. Not including human hair used to fabricate wigs in compliance with applicable Federal Food and Drug Administration guidelines.
- Links to other distribution channels, marketplace or auction sites
- Lock-picking devices
- Lottery tickets: Lottery tickets, raffle tickets, sweepstakes entries, slot machines, or other gambling items regulated by federal, state and local agencies.
- Mailing lists and personal information: Bulk mailing or email lists that contain names, addresses, phone numbers, or other personal identifying information
- Online auction or payment accounts: Buying and selling iOffer, eBay, PayPal, Google Checkout, Amazon Payments, and other online selling/payment accounts is prohibited.
- Plants and seeds: Species restricted by the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) or exotic/noxious weeds that are prohibited from importation and/or interstate commerce. See Regulated Noxious Weeds.
- Police- or Law Enforcement-related items: Except (i) mini-badges less than one-inch by one-inch, (ii) badges that are historical in nature and 75 years old or older, and (iii) authorized genuine souvenir items and badges that are clearly not official.
- Postage meters: Not including postage scales and collectible stamps.
- Prescription drugs: Including substances regulated or not approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
- Prescription medical devices: Devices requiring a prescription or regulated by the FDA, including Contact Lenses (prescription or non-prescription).
- Recalled items: Items subject to recall by the U.S. Consumer Products Safety Commission (UCPSC) or other agencies.
- Satellite and cable TV signal de-scramblers and de-encoders
- Signal jamming devices: Equipment prohibited by Section 302(b) of the Communications Act of 1934. Specifically, the marketing of any radio frequency device that jams, blocks, or otherwise interferes with authorized radio communications. See the Federal Communications Commission guidelines.
- Stocks and other securities
- Stolen property: Including property with serial number removed or altered to conceal its origin.
- Surveillance equipment: Equipment prohibited by the Federal Communications Commission (FCC), including telephone bugging and wiretapping devices.
- Tobacco: Any item containing tobacco and intended for consumption, including cigarettes, cigars, chewing tobacco and nicotine inhalers regulated by the FDA (see Prescription medical devices, above). This does not include nicotine supplements such as gums or patches.
- Miscellaneous: Additional items which in iOffer's sole discretion violate this Listing & Prohibited Items Policy, including, but not limited to (i) goods which do not actually exist, (ii) goods that infringe or violate the rights of any third party, including without limitation intellectual property rights, (iii) goods which in iOffer’s sole discretion are inflammatory, offensive, controversial or inappropriate, and (iv) goods containing messages, data, text, symbols or images that are deemed obscene under applicable law, or that contain racial, ethnic or religious slurs, promote hatred or advocate violence.
A note about third-party intellectual property (IP) rights: The listing of unauthorized, counterfeit or replica products, or use of a third party’s intellectual property (IP) rights, including patents, trademarks and copyrights, in connection with the listing of non-genuine goods is strictly prohibited. If a seller engages in the listing of unauthorized, infringing or counterfeit goods, iOffer may disclose the identity and contact information of that seller, including any aliases or alternate IDs or email addresses the seller may have previously used, at the request of the IP rights owner and iOffer may assist that IP owner in the prosecution of that seller. This disclosure may be made without notice to the seller.
Related Links: In addition to the guidelines above, always check all applicable federal, state and local guidelines prior to listing an item for sale. The following links may be helpful:
- Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms
- Consumer Product Safety Commission Recalled Item List
- Copyright Office
- Drug Enforcement Administration
- Federal Laws and Regulations
- Food and Drug Administration
- Fish and Wildlife Service
- National Plant Board
- National Stolen Art File
- Office of Foreign Assets Control
- Patent and Trademark Office
Fee Avoidance: iOffer is dedicated to providing reasonable charges for premium features and final value fees. In order to keep fees low, we prohibit sellers from circumventing our final value fee structure or item listing procedure. Examples of fee avoidance include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Excessive shipping and/or handling charges
- Post-transaction negotiation of item price
- Using contact information to trade off-site
- Accepting an offer below market value with the intent to sell at a higher price
- Listing items with artificially low prices and/or without shipping cost in order to attract offers from buyers
- Surcharges for credit card or payment services
- Listing supplier information in the incorrect category. (All wholesale price lists, catalogs, and product information must be listed in the appropriate category.
- Exchanging contact information and completing a transaction in a Want Ad
- Completing a swap and exchanging contact information to trade off-site
- Filing a Non-Paying Buyer rating or cancelling a transaction to receive credit for seller transaction fees
- Excessive keywords (keyword spam) in item listing titles and descriptions
- Listing items in more than one category or an incorrect category.
Fee Avoidance is a violation of the iOffer User Agreement and may result in administrative fines and possible termination of your account. For more information, see our Listing Guidelines and Fees & Credit Policy.