The Ryumon Okinawa Practical Katana has a Hand Forged and Folded AISI 1060 High Carbon Steel blade tempered in the traditional clay method, which produces a hard (and extremely sharp) Ha (Cutting edge), and a resilient spine. Masters who have been making swords for over 2000 years forge and polish the sword to reveal it's beautiful Hamon (temper line) and Hada (grain pattern). Each Iron tsuba is traditionally detailed and has a gun metal finish. The wood saya is deeply lacquered with a glossy black finish and is tied with an imported Japanese cotton sageo. The tsuka (handle) is wrapped with authentic Same (rayskin) and imported Japanese cotton.
Ryumon Okinawa Practical Katana Features:
- Hand forged, folded and tempered AISI 1060 carbon steel blade forged by masters who have been forging swords for over 2000 years
- Iron tsuba features Okinawa design and gun metal finish
- Tsuka is wrapped in Same rayskin and Japanese cotton
- Comes with lined Wood display box with Ryumon Seal
- Certificate of authenticity on silk scroll tells a wealth of information on your sword such as makers name and experience, Rc Hardness, date your sword was started and finished, and the master that certified your sword!
- Premium Sword maintenance kit and reference guide included
- Silk Sword bag included
- Comes with unsharpened training blade with rounded tip
- Overall: 42 inches
- Blade: 28 inches
- Tsuka: 10 3/4 inches