This is a 4 DVD compilation of commercially unavailable TV performances and appearances of the Stones. All sourced from 1st generation VHS taped at SP mode directly from TV (no dupes!) - except for the 1978 footage and the 1981 live footage. Most of this material is extremely rare and very hard to find! All DVDs are NTSC format, region free and playable worldwide! This 4 disc set comes with complete artwork on the cases and discs.
ROLLING STONES TV ARCHIVES VOL. 1
1. MTV Lifetime achievement award 1994
a. Intro speech by the guy who started Rolling Stone Magazine
b. Stones career retrospective
c. Award presentation
d. “Love is Strong” performance
2. Mick and Keith interviewed on the Today Show – May 2005
3. Stones 3-D, this was on the Fox network in 1990.
a. “Paint it Black”
b. “2000 Light Years from Home”
c. “Only Rock N Roll
4. International Rock Awards 1990 performance from Germany of “It’s Only Rock N Roll.”
5. Budweiser Beer “Rock 'N' Roll Moscow Summit” commercial featuring the Stones
6. Dirty Work Promo - February 1984that was shown to get the record outlets fired-up about the new album. It features such great stuff as girl’s mud wrestling, the Stones shooting “silly string” at the camera and cursing, the making of the video “Harlem Shuffle” and various other clips.
07. MTV Fashion Awards 1997. Stones play two songs:
a. “Out of Control”
b. “Anybody Seen My Baby”
ROLLING STONES TV ARCHIVES VOL. 2
Pretty much the descriptions below says it all. The 1978 footage is not good quality but also it is pretty rare. The SNL footage is better then I remembered, (except for that Keith wannabe poser Johnny Rip).
1. Live From the 10 Spot – 10/25/97
a. “Tumbling Dice”
b. “Anybody Seen My Baby”
c. “Sister Morphine”
d. “Out of Control”
2. Mick Taylor Interview – 7/10/92. Mick talks about Altamont. Recorded for ABCs “In Concert” series for the re-release of the film “Gimme Shelter”
3. Rolling Stones 1994 Press Conference – 5/3/94. This is MTVs coverage of the “Honey Fitz” arrival including dockside interviews and the press conference.
4. Rolling Stones Live 1978 – “Let it Rock” venue and date unknown.
5. Today Show segment – 9/1/89. This is coverage of the first show of the Steel Wheels tour.
6. Mick Jagger on SNL – 2/6/93.
a. “Sweet Thing”
b. “Don’t Tear Me Up”
ROLLING STONES TV ARCHIVES VOL. 3
1. Saturday Night Live - 10-7-78
Beast of Burden
2. Its Only Rock 'N' Roll TV Commercial
3. News Footage from 1976 & 1982:
Two reports with film footage of the 1976 press conference where the Stones
played from the back of a truck and threw out the press release all to the song
Two reports of the premiere of the film “Let’s Spend the Night Together”
including interviews from the premiere. See Joan Lundon and Diane Sawyer
talk about the Stones!
MTV New Years Eve Party Interview with Ron Wood from 1982/1983.
4. Mick Jagger interview from the 1976 Montreal Olympics.
5. Voodoo Lounge Tour Special from August 1994. This one is pretty good with
footage from the first show.
6. Buffalo 9/27/81
ROLLING STONES TV ARCHIVES VOL. 4
1. MTV Video Music Awards - 9/5/97 – Interview by the lovely Sheryl Crow
2. "The Goods” - This was during the 1994 tour which was exploited to the max for
the Stones. This show was designed to sell a bunch of tour memorabilia. The
good thing here is the Stones saved some of the best interviews and footage of
the '94 stuff for this show (including an interview with Bill Wyman after he left the
Stones). IT IS NOT AVAILABLE ANYWHERE ELSE! The best of the 1994
footage without question. You get to see studio footage during the recording of
the album Voodoo Lounge, from the rehearsals, the making of the video for
“Love is Strong” and the first few shows plus a bunch of great interviews (you
guitarist look at Keith’s beautiful Les Paul on “Shattered” during the rehearsal
3. CNN report on the Voodoo Lounge Interactive Video release.
4. Today Show interview for the release of the video “25 X 5” - 2/14/90. This one
is both segments which include interview with both Mick and Keith (separately)
and totals about 10 mins. in length. Check out Rona Elliot’s 80’s hair!
5. 1989 Press conference – 7/11/89. Joined in progress this was aired LIVE on
MTV and includes some interesting moments and the typical Stones answers to
reporter’s questions. Check out the reaction to the poor woman who asks the
question if this would be the last tour!
Shipping within the US $5.00 International Airmail $9.00
All sales are FINAL! All DVDs are REGION ALL CODING and should be playable on most DVD players. However, due to the nature of DVD player setting might be different in different countries, I cannot guarantee that it will be playable on your DVD player should your DVD player do not support the REGION ALL CODING. Due to the nature of DVD that easy to be copied, I do not accept returns or exchange unless it's defective. Shipping and handling charges are NON-REFUNDABLE. The buyer is responsible for return shipping cost.