30th Anniversary Celebration
Madison Square Garden 1991
3 DVD SET!
INCLUDES MICHAEL AND BRITNEY "THE WAY YOU MAKE ME FEEL"
INCLUDES A 3RD HIGHER RESOLUTION DISK OF THE TOP 20 PERFORMANCES,
CAN BE PLAYED ON A REGULAR DVD PLAYER
Best Show Ever!
In late November 2001, the CBS television network aired a
two-hour special in honor of Michael Jackson's 30th year as a solo
entertainer (his first solo single, " Got to Be There", was
recorded in 1971). The show was edited from footage of two separate
concerts Michael had orchestrated in New York City's Madison Square
Garden on September 7 and September 10 of 2001
Opening the show was Samuel L. Jackson's presentation of
Usher, Whitney Houston & Mýa, performing a rendition of
Michael's hit song " Wanna Be Startin' Somethin'", from his 1982
album, Thriller . Among other performers and guests were Liza
Minnelli singing " You Are Not Alone"; young Billy Gilman's
performance of Jackson's 1972 #1 U.S. hit " Ben"; and James Ingram
with Gloria Estefan singing Jackson's 1987 ballad, " I Just Can't
Stop Loving You" (another #1 U.S. hit). Marc Anthony also sang "
She's out of My Life".
The second hour of the show is by far the best remembered,
featuring the exciting reunion of Michael and his brothers
Jermaine, Jackie, Randy, Marlon, and Tito for a "greatest hits"
medley, including their headlining songs " Can You Feel It", "
ABC", " The Love You Save", " I Want You Back", " I'll Be There"
and " Shake Your Body (Down to the Ground)". As the crowd roared,
it was evident that the Jackson brothers were enjoying themselves,
possibly even more than the adoring fans of past and present.
Following the reunion, Michael announced surprise guests for the
Jackson 5 hit " Dancing Machine": *NSYNC.
Following a short intermission, Chris Tucker then appeared
onstage, recalls a humorous conversation between him and Jackson
(imitating his voice) before announcing a live performance of what
is arguably Jackson's most well-known tune: " Billie Jean" (The
broadcast version is different showing The Way You Make Me
Feel/Black Or White/Beat It and then Billie Jean). The superstar
once again hit the stage, this time flanked by scores of dancers
dressed as gang members for an explosive version of " Beat It". As
Michael glided and danced his way across the floor, the crowd
roared all the louder in appreciation. Immediately afterward, Slash
was properly introduced for a powerful, whirlwind rendition of "
Black or White". Then, to wind things down, Jackson joined Britney
Spears for a performance of " The Way You Make Me Feel". The
broadcast version that aired featured a different dancer than
Spears while Jackson sang the whole song, but the removed clip can
be found online. After, he performed his newest single, " You Rock
My World", from the recently-released album Invincible . Michael
was joined at the end of the song by Usher, who performed a smooth
robotic dance routine.(The broadcast version ends after You Rock My
World). Near the end of the final song, Jackson and Co. sang " We
Are the World" onstage in an otherwise elaborate finale.
* " Wanna Be Startin' Somethin'" Usher, Mýa and Whitney Houston
* "Ben" - Billy Gilman
* " Angel" and " It Wasn't Me" - Shaggy featuring Rayvon and Rikrok
* " Heal the World" - Mýa, Deborah Cox, Rah Digga, Monica and Tamia featuring The Brooklyn Youth Choir
* " My Baby" - Lil' Romeo featuring Master P
* " She's out of My Life" - Marc Anthony
* " Bootylicious" - Destiny's Child
* "I Want Candy" - Aaron Carter
* "Home" (from The Wiz) - Monica
* "You Can't Win" (from The Wiz) - Jill Scott
* "Ease on Down the Road" (from The Wiz) - Monica, Jill Scott, Al Jarreau, Deborah Cox
* " You Are Not Alone" - Liza Minnelli
* "I Will Survive" - Gloria Gaynor
* "Get Ur Freak On" - Missy Elliot and Nelly Furtado
* "I'll Never Love This Way Again" - Dionne Warwick
* "Midnight Train To Georgia" - Gladys Knight
* " I Just Can't Stop Loving You" - James Ingram and Gloria Estefan
* " Man in the Mirror" - 98 Degrees, Usher and Luther Vandross
* " Can You Feel It" - The Jacksons
* "ABC" - The Jacksons
* " The Love You Save" - The Jacksons
* " I'll Be There" - The Jacksons
* " I Want You Back" - The Jacksons
* "Dancing Machine" - The Jacksons and *NSYNC
* " Shake Your Body (Down to the Ground)" - The Jacksons
* " Black or White" - Michael Jackson and Slash
* " Beat It" - Michael Jackson and Slash
* " Billie Jean" - Michael Jackson
* " You Rock My World" - Michael Jackson, Chris Tucker and Usher
Comes in a full color holder and DVD
Plays on any DVD player
*****IMMEDIATE PAYMENT REQUIRED*****
BRAND NEW SEALED