|Title: Johnny To 2004 "Throw Down" Louis Koo Aaron Kwok DVD-9|
Also Known As: Throw Down (Hong Kong: English title) / Throwdown (Singapore: English title)
Pinyin of Mandarin Title: rou dao long hu bang
Director: Johnny To
Starring: Louis Koo, Aaron Kwok, Cherrie Ying, Tony Leung Ka Fai, Siu-Fai Cheung
ISBN & No.: CN-F18-04-0333-0/V.J9 & ZK1D9-054
Region: All/0/Free, which means this DVD will play on standard DVD player worldwide if the picture format(NTSC or PAL) is right.
Format: NTSC, which means this DVD will display well on TV in NTSC countries such as the United States, Canada, Mexico and Japan. (Note: Either NTSC or PAL DVDs will play on any computers.)
Package: Plastic Case
Picture Quality: 4.5/5, which means the quality is better than normal DVD's.
Audio: Mandarin (Dolby Digital 5.1), Cantonese (Dolby Digital 5.1)??
Language: Mandarin, Cantonese
Subtitles: English, Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese (Cannot Turn Off)
Runtime: 95 minutes
Number of Discs: 1 DVD-9
Production Area: Hong Kong
Screen Format: Anamorphic Widescreen 16:9
Synopsis: Pub manager/band leader Sze-To was once the greatest Judo fighter around until he unexpectedly gave up the sport for no apparent reason. Nowadays Sze-To lives the life of an alcoholic gambler with no hope for the future, until... Cocky Judo enthusiast Tony shows up at the door and challenges Sze-To into a duel; Old foe Kong demands finishing the match that never took place years ago; Sze-To's mentor Master Cheng asks him to manage his rundown Dojo... All of a sudden, Sze-To's pub turns into an arena where the greatest Judo fighters show off their skills... Sze-To will take on his opponents with everything he's got.
Movie Reviews: I have gone into this film very excited as I have become a Johnnie To fan only recently. After seeing both Election movies and PTU, I have been totally amazed at the quality of director he is and how good his films can be. Throw Down continues my fan-ship of Mr To in style. I have always felt that wires and stunt doubles ruin films, no matter what the genre, and this is something Mr To seems to share with me. The fighting style of Judo is perfect for the physical aspect of the film. The actors can get close and throw each other to the ground without need of propelling themselves over bamboo trees, which is great.
The three main leads, Sze-To, Tony and Mona are pretty good. Though Mona seems to aimlessly wonder through the film and really only serve as a third wheel at times, she is a nice enough support for the muscle of the film. Louise Koo is amazing as Sze-To, the former champ turned club owner. His drunken and dazed, followed by angered and determined emotions are all portrayed brilliantly. I was even surprised by Aaron Kwok, who is great as the eager Judo fighter, travelling from fight to fight, and spurring Sze-To into his renewed sense of fight.
The photography is spot on. The massive fight in the club is so perfectly filmed and cut with the Japanese vocal that it was a joy to watch. Even the simple scenes of clubs, night life, computer games room, restaurant, are all magnificently shot. And then, as if the film were not good enough already, the soundtrack, sound editing, production design (such as the Ext Judo Championship scene) and the screenplay are all as good as you could want. The first hour and ten minutes had me on the edge of my seat. The following twenty minutes had a more mysterious, what can happen now, feel, but it is all just perfect.
If you haven't seen a Johnny To film, this might be a good starting point, but be warned, he makes no excuses and feels no obligation to explain anything about anything, it's often left to the viewer to determine the why and the how. This, for me, is what film-making is all about.
All items are produced by Chinese companies and we are licensed to sell.
All items are brand new and factory sealed.
•• Shipping & Handling ••
1. We will ship Worldwide with Flat shipping rate.
2. To combine separate items, please pay all items at one time; please contact us if you need combine shipping.
3. Combine shipping costs are of 100% of the highest item's shipping charge, 80% of each additional item's. For example, you buy 3 items with the shipping costs of $4, $6, $7, you will pay 7*100 %+(4+6)*80%= 15 as shipping costs.
4. The item will be shipped out by normal airmail through Hong Kong Post Office.
5. Postal insurance is optional for covering any postal loss and damage. A claim could only be proceed after the proof of documents (for confirming the postal loss or damage) received from the post office.
6. Please make sure your shipping address is correct. We ship to your Paypal address only.
7. It will take around 8-21 working days to deliver (depends on location).
8. We admit it takes longer than shopping in your own country and we have greatly reduced own price to make up for it. Please give us 5 stars in shipping time if you received the item in 8-21 working days.
1. All unopened or defective items in which payment cleared within the last 30 days may be sent back to us for a full refund or exchange. Buyers need to return the item at his own cost.
2. Return shipping charges as well as original shipping and handling (S&H) charges will not be reimbursed at any case. Refund will be issued by the original method of payment. Refunds will only be issued for items returned.
3. Shipping costs and handling fee are non-refundable at any case.
4. Buyers need not to pay S&H again for reshipping the item (except the wrong buyer address is wrote by buyer or buyer don't return the defective item).
1. Please do not bid if you did not agree our policies.
2. Please make an offer if you are worried about the price.
3. Leaving negative feedback cannot solve the problems. Please contact us before leaving negative or Neutral feedback.
4. Thank you very much and happy shopping.
•• Enjoy Your Shopping ••