The Art of Drawing Illuminated Manuscripts
6 Historic Books on CD
Illuminated manuscripts were a high art form in the Medieval
era when books were drawn and copied by hand. Each artisan
put his personal touches on the volume via a technique known
as illumination of the manuscript. That art form has been
preserved through the centuries and is explained in great
detail in the 16 volumes that make up this collection. From
drawing techniques to examples of alphabets, this collection
and its hundreds of illustrations will teach you all you need
to know to learn the art of illumination and illuminated manuscript
All the titles contained on this CD are listed below.
- Illumination and its development in the present day (1922)
- Farnsworth, Sidney - 324 pages
- Guide to the art of illuminating and missal painting (1861)
- Audsley, W. (William); Audsley, George Ashdown - 114 pages
- A handbook of the art of illumination as practised during
the middle ages. With a description of the metals, pigments,
and processes employed by the artists at different periods
(1866) - Shaw, Henry - 66 pages
- The hand book of mediaeval alphabets and devices (1856)
- Shaw, Henry - ~40 pages
- The history, theory, and practice of illuminating (1861)
- Wyatt, M. Digby (Matthew Digby); Tymms, W. R. (William
Robert) - 66 pages
- Illuminated manuscripts. ... With twenty-one illustrations
(1920) - Bradley, John William - 353 pages
- Lessons in the art of illuminating. A series of examples
selected from works in the British Museum, Lambeth Palace
Library, and the South Kensington Museum (1880) - Loftie,
W. J. (William John) - 64 pages
- A practical treatise on the art of illuminating : with
examples, chromographed in fac-simile and in outline, of
the styles prevailing at different periods, from the sixth
century to the present time (1873) - Ward, Marcus - 81 pages
- Illuminated manuscripts: their origin, history and characteristics
(1897) - Quaile, Edward; H. - 233 pages
- The art of illuminating as practised in Europe from the
earliest times (1866) - Tymms, W. R. (William Robert); Wyatt,
M. Digby (Matthew Digby) - 299 pages
- Illuminated manuscripts in classical and mediaeval times,
their art and their technique (1892) - Middleton, J. H.
(John Henry) - 303 pages
- Writing & illuminating & lettering (1906) - Johnston,
Edward - 520 pages
- Fac-similes of the miniatures & ornaments of Anglo-Saxon
& Irish manuscripts (1868) - Westwood, J. O. (John Obadiah);
Tymms, W. R. (William Robert) - 398 pages
- English illuminated manuscripts (1895) - Thompson, Edward
Maunde - 127 pages
- A primer of the art of illumination for the use of beginners
: with a rudimentary treatise on the art, practical directions
for its exercise, and examples taken from illuminated mss.
(1874) - Delamotte, Freeman Gage - 131 pages
- Illuminated manuscripts (1911) - Herbert, J. A. (John
Alexander) - 483 page
Here are some selected page images from various volumes in
This CD runs
on all Windows and Macintosh computers. You must have a web browser
and Adobe Acrobat Reader - (available for free download if you do
not have it installed on your computer.) The book index is organized
in an HTML menu that is compatible with all browsers and the books
themselves are in PDF format to allow them to be universally accessed.
Many books on this CD are searchable and printable.
Page to Learn More about Us!
This product is a CD.
our CDs are professionally produced and packaged in DVD sized cases. This allows
you to easily store them with your on your shelf and retrieve them easily. All
our CDs are designed to play on any Microsoft Windows computer and Macintosh computers
running OS X or higher. Some of our CDs require a special viewer to be installed
on your computer to view the images.
Our Other Products:
view a listing of all our hundreds of products currently available, click the
(Note: This will open a new browser window.
U.S. - Shipping for this product is free in the United States. Priority Mail Shipping is available for $6.00.
International: $4.00 for the first item and $1.00 for each additional item
bought and paid with the same payment (i.e. the same eBay invoice).
how this works on eBay. First, make all the purchases you want without making
a payment. When you make your final product purchase, make your payment. At that
point, eBay will allow you to combine all your purchases into a single payment
and will automatically charge you the shipping charges as stated above. If you
do not follow this procedure, you will be making multiple payments, paying shipping
multiple times and get your order sent in multiple packages.
this process doesn't work, contact us and we will generate a correct invoice for
is generally completed within one business day of purchase.
Our payment processor is
All items are covered by a 30 day money back guarantee. Only the purchase price
is refunded. Shipping is not refunded. Item must be sent back at buyer's expense
and buyer must include the auction ID and method of payment with the item to receive
give positive feedback to all our paying customers at the time your product is
purchase your CD for immediate delivery,
just click on the Buy It Now button
at the bottom of the page.